Friday, 24 June 2016

Global Design Project 041



Welcome to my entry for the Global Design Project 041.
http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/06/global-design-project-041-colour.html

This week it was a colour challenge using Night of Navy, Sweet Sugarplum and Whisper white, when I seen this challenge I knew almost instantly what I wanted to do. 



To create this card I first started with some whisper white cardstock, I stamped the Lovely as a Tree stamp onto a post-it note and cut along the horizon line to create an upper and lower mask, I then masked the top area and used my dauber to apply the night of navy foreground.
Next I reversed my masks and still using my dauber with the night on navy I brought some depth to the top of the sky – being sure to stamp off first so I didn’t get too deep a colour once I was done with that I did the same to the bottom part of the sky in sweet sugarplum.
When I was happy with the background I stamped my sun burst from the Wherever You Go set in sweet sugarplum whilst the mask was still in place.
After removing all the masks I stamped the trees in night of navy, I used the stamp set twice and deliberately offset to create a full scene.
The whole card was then completed with sweet sugarplum matting a night of navy bow and the greeting from Tin of Cards stamped in whisper white.
Thank you for stopping by and having a look.  Happy Creating!
Product List

8 comments:

  1. Lovely - this is still one of my all time favourite stamp sets and I like the way you've combined it with Wherever You Go. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie, These are two stamp sets that are going to get quite a workout I think. Thank you for coming by and having a look!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. These are such great colours aren't they? I was really excited when I seen this was the challenge this week! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. Sandra I really love the scene you have created...could either be a sunrise or sunset. Great use of the sponge and dauber technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees! Something about trees always makes me feel happy. Well done on your card. Using the daubers is such a great technique. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Newsletter

Subscribe and recieve 10 Free Card Templates

* indicates required

Subscribe by Email

Follow Me on Pinterest