Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Technique Tuesday 001


 So for my Technique Tuesday Tutorial.  I decided to make my own dsp for this card, but rather than boring flat colour I thought lets make it pop with a little embossing.  To get started I arranged my butterflies from my Best butterflies set (retired) and my Papilllion Potpourri set, I experimented in embosing in both white and clear, the tutorial shows the clear.

Step1.  Ink up your stamps in versamark, if you are going to use a solid colour to emboss you can stamp it straight out, since I wanted my butterflies in a tone on tone effect and I don't have (or need) pool party embossing powder I'm going to go ahead and ink up my stamps in pool party as well (don't stamp the versamark off just ink straight over the top)

 Step 2. Stamp out your images, as you can see here the straight tone on tone of the butterflies is quite effective on it's own, but we are going to make it really pop!

 Step 3. Sprinkle your embossing powder over your stamped images and give it a shake, see how it sticks only where the ink is, if there isn't enough just add some more to give it a good coat and don't forget to do it over a container to catch all the falling powder you can use it all for another project.
Step 4.  Using a heat tool apply heat to the embossed areas, be careful not to over heat one spot or the paper can curl, just keep moving it around and you will start to see it melt and turn to the colour you wanted.



Finished product in white and pool party, see how the pool party is now darker and more defined than just the ink on its on, unfortunately its hard to see how raised it now is too. 

Thanks for looking and happy creating.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Newsletter

Subscribe and recieve 10 Free Card Templates

* indicates required

Subscribe by Email

Follow Me on Pinterest