Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Technique Tuesday 002

Welcome to Technique Tuesday 002, today I'm going to walk you through using liquid latex to create masks on your projects so let’s get started.

My example today is from my recent CASE of France Martin, feel free to go see the finished project here

Step 1. Stamp out the area that is going to be masked, I was using these clouds so I stamped, embossed and coloured them first. 

 Step 2. Get your liquid latex and a brush, this 500ml bottle was approximately $17 and will last for a REALLY long time, this one is sold for mould makers and is the better value compared to those marketed toward costume makers.

Step 3.  Use your brush to paint the latex over the area to be masked, I usually like to give it 2 or 3 coats just to provide a slightly thicker mask which makes it easier to remove later. Clean up brush in water.

Step 4. Let it dry, you will notice it will turn a bit yellowish and transparent when it dries which gives a good indication of when you are ready to move onto your colouring.

 Step 5. Apply your desired background, you can see in the picture below I have stamped straight over the bottom cloud and I’m not being fussy with where my background rubs in, don’t worry the latex will sort all that out! 

 Step 6. Using a sharp implement or blade lift a small edge of the latex, once you have got it started the rest will peel off with ease!


 All done!  Beautiful colour and stamping that goes right up to your image.  Have a great day and Happy Creating!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Newsletter

Subscribe and recieve 10 Free Card Templates

* indicates required

Subscribe by Email

Follow Me on Pinterest