Sunday, 17 July 2016

Flourishing Phrases and Butterfly Thinlits



This week’s Global Design Project ( GDP044 ) was Case the Designer - and the lovely Steffi Helmschrott has provided a beautiful card for our inspiration.



The gold butterfly on this one really caught my eye so I knew I had to have that in my finished piece, but since I didn’t have any gold paper I used very vanilla card stock cut to a bit larger than my butterfly thinlit, covered it with versamark and gold embossed the whole sheet.   
Next I cut out my butterfly using my thinlits, I cut out some vellum to make the outer edge of the butterfly and used dimensionals to adhere it to the background and more dimensionals to adhere it to the gold butterfly making a lot of space between the background and this butterfly.
For the background I used the flower from Flourishing Phases inked up once in each colour (pool party, wisteria wonder, sweet sugarplum and so saffron) and then stamped off 3-4 times.
The greeting also comes from flourishing phrases and is stamped in and boarded by Bermuda bay, to give it the banner shape I cut one end using the best badge punch.
Thank you for stopping by and having a look today,
Happy Creating!
Product List

6 comments:

  1. Well done Sandra. Such a colourful card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card Sandra, just love that big butterfly. Angexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I'd love to CASE this card, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I would be honoured! Thank you for asking!

      Delete
  4. This is just right up my alley! I love the subtles range & butterflies! Beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Translate

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Newsletter


Subscribe to receive the latest info from me

* indicates required












Subscribe by Email