Thursday, 23 February 2017

Mallard Duck and Camo


Good Morning!

Today’s card was inspired by this weeks #tgifc95 Inspiration Challenge, Birds of a feather.

 I have to say this card was most certainly inspired by my husband, in fact I bought this stamp set because he loved it so much!

   The gorgeous mallard drake comes from the wilderness awaits stamp set (139365) I stamped him in basic black archival ink (140931) and coloured him using my watercolour pencils (141709) I used my layered circles framelits (141705) and partial die cut around him.

The backing card is soft suede (119982) the camo look is made using water colour paper (122959) dampened slightly with some plain water in a stampin’ spritzer (126185) I then scrunched it up and got it nice and crinkled.  Then I used my F block (118483) to stamp some colour on, spritz it nice and wet and then pat the paper on, I worked through 3 different colours, early espresso (126974) tip top taupe (138325) old olive (126953).  Finally I finished the card with some burlap ribbon (141487).
  
Thanks for dropping by, don’t forget if you live in Australia and would like to purchase any of the items used today just click on the links below and you will be taken to my online store. Don't forget to use this months’ host code 6F69XEK7 to earn rewards and free gifts.
And if you have more than $169 worth of products on your wish list consider joining my team, there is no obligation to do parties, do what suits you.  And now is THE best time to join!



Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free pdf of 10 Easy Card templates. Subscribe here.



Product List

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=31000&dbwsdemoid=4014265https://www.facebook.com/stampinsandra.blogspot.com.au/
http://stampinsandra.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.htmlhttps://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4014265



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sandra! The camo backgroud is awesome and perfect for a male inspired card. The mallard drake is a perfect addition for this weeks theme and I love the partial die cut around him so that his wings were on show. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a beautiful card! That background is stunning, & it complements your mallard perfectly! Love, love love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at TGIF! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love that background, I would love to see a tutorial of how you did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Combining camouoflage with the duck is genious! Gorgeous and clever background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the description of how you created the camo background. It is absolutely perfect for the men in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to clever.. Love the background. Very creative..

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Translate

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Newsletter


Subscribe to receive the latest info from me

* indicates required












Subscribe by Email