Saturday, 18 March 2017

Birthday Bash



Good Evening!
Another late post for me, and again there’s a lot here!  Today I was inspired by the #SIP90 Challenge Shaker card.
 This Challenge inspired me to use my Birthday Bash Card kit (142769) that is currently in the occasions catalogue, and while of course I wouldn’t expect to be winning any design challenges with a kit (kinda cheating a bit!) I certainly do find it a challenge to use my kits rather than hoard them.  And I thought you might find it interesting to see the kit in action.


Stampin' Up! used to have a stamp that said "Crafters' don't lie they Embellish" This saying went through my head so many times while I was doing this kit, it was one of those times when you get it right far less than you get it wrong!  First thing I realised was that I had forgotten to purchase the co-ordinating stamp set Birthday Bright (142835)  fortunately though this wasn’t a huge problem since Stampin’ Up! Products co-ordinate so well – to replace it I used other sets I already had on hand such as Thoughtful Banners (141614), Birthday Blast (142866) and Birthday Banners (141506).




I also had one of those days where I constantly seemed to have inky fingers putting smudges everywhere, but some of the spare glitter paper made some great sparkly embellishments to cover them up!
This kit is designed to just have the candle cards as shaker cards and tells you to divide the glitter into four, I decided that I didn’t need my shakers that full and ended up using some extra acetate I had lying around to turn the cake cards into shakers as well.  There was also more than enough of the foam adhesive to do this easy (I still have one strip left, and I used it on some of the tags also).
I thought you might also like to see what else was left over, I decided I can use the cakes and candles on other cards, there is some bakers twine, lots of sparkle paper (yes the words are in other languages but I’m sure there is enough to punch out some shapes) and even a few enamel shapes! 

Thanks for dropping by, don’t forget if you live in Australia and would like to purchase any of the items used today just click on the links below and you will be taken to my online store. Don't forget to use this months’ host code BNYJSE4G to earn rewards and free gifts.
And if you have more than $169 worth of products on your wish list consider joining my team, there is no obligation to do parties, do what suits you.  And now is THE best time to join!



If your a Crazy Crafters fan then check out this AMAZING tutorial bundle! Full photographic instructions for 21 beautiful handmade cards (in cms & inches) from 20 wonderful Crafters plus me lol! Get your hands on this terrific deal today for just $25!! Order yours here http://bit.ly/CrazyCraftersTutorialBundle


Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free pdf of 10 Easy Card templates. Subscribe here.







http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=31000&dbwsdemoid=4014265https://www.facebook.com/stampinsandra.blogspot.com.au/
http://stampinsandra.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.htmlhttps://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4014265




2 comments:

  1. Your shakers are very cool and aren't the kits a great idea. I love that we can substitute with other stamps when necessary, Sandra. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra! You have all kinds of shaker goodness going on! Love your cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Newsletter

Subscribe and recieve 10 Free Card Templates

* indicates required

Subscribe by Email

Follow Me on Pinterest