Sunday, 26 June 2016

Crazy Crafters June Blog Hop with Guest stamper France Martin

http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2016/06/crazy-crafters-blog-hope.html
 
Hi Everyone!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be taking part in this blog hop, I have watched soo many of Frances videos so as soon as I seen it come up I just knew I had to take part!

The challenge was to CASE one of France Martins cards this is the one I picked:

http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2016/06/stamping-resist-with-find-tip-glue.html



In true fashion I came up with a few versions (shown below) but this one is my favourite





 To create this cards I first stamped the clouds in smoky slate (using a post-it note mask where they overlapped) and re-stamping with versamark so I could do a clear emboss with glitter outline, I then coloured them using a wisteria wonder wash and elegant eggplant to provide extra depth.  Once my clouds were all done I masked them with liquid latex, next I used my gorgeous grunge stamp set stamped in smoky slate to provide the lines of rain.




 Next came the droplets, I lined up the droplets with the lines to try and make it look like the same rain I stamped them in smoky slate and then coloured them with soft sky to finish them off and give them a nice 3d element I used my fine-tip glue pen to provide a beaded coverage.




Once the glue had dried I used a dauber to apply soft sky to the background making sure to leave space in the corner for my so saffron "sun", I did this by holding my rubber stamp in approximately the spot I wanted to put it and then reducing my colour as I approached it, I then used my dauber to lightly sponge in some so saffron in that corner before stamping out the image.
Then it was time to remove the latex, stamp the greeting in elegant eggplant and assemble the card.
That cute little umbrella was stamped in elegant eggplant and coloured with sweet sugarplum before being cut out with the umbrella weather framelits.



 Here are how the others turned out.  Thanks for having a look, and don't forget to come back on Tuesday for the latex masking technique.  Happy Crafting!







Product List

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely love how you have used this stamp set. What a great card. Angexxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and the technique tips. Fantastic Sandra & thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Sandra! I love your attention to detail. Great case of Frenchie's card. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesome with that new umbrella the first thing that came to mind when I saw that set was this technique great mind think alike thank you so much for playing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your card variations. Don't have this set but I think I want it now!thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation Sandra!! You've used all the sets that I am hoping to order next - so thank you for showcasing them so brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, amazing attention to detail! Love how you did the rain, great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of detail & work for a great effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Sandra! Love all the details. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the addition of the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The umbrella looks great....excellent idea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the drops. I had never thought of gorgeous grunge like this before. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards Sandra. Love the rain drops.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! Beautifully executed!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the technique you mentioned - will be checking out your tutorial on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you have done with the techniques. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the art and the colors. Your attention to details makes all the difference in the world. The difference between a card and a work of art. You made art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, you have really made my day!

Disclaimer

As an Independent Stampin' Up!® demonstrator, the contents of this blog are my sole responsibility. All images are Copyright Stampin’ Up! 1990 to 2017, unless otherwise stated. The use and content on this blog are not endorsed by Stampin' Up!® This blog is for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Newsletter

Subscribe and recieve 10 Free Card Templates

* indicates required

Subscribe by Email

Follow Me on Pinterest